- Total estimated number of doctors in the U.S. -- 700,000
- Total approximate number of deaths annually from medical errors -- 195,000
- Average number of annual deaths per doctor -- 0.27857
- Total estimated number of gun owners in the U.S. -- 80,000,000
- Total estimated number of guns in the U.S. -- 250,000,000
- Total approximate firearm deaths annually from all intents -- 32,000
- Average annual number of deaths per gun owner -- 0.00040
- Average annual number of deaths per gun -- 0.00013
So on a purely mathematical basis, any given doctor is 696 times more likely to be responsible for a death than any given gun owner, and 2,176 times more likely to be responsible for a death than any given gun. Obviously we need a lot more common-sense doctor control in this country. If it saves one life. Think of the chiiiilllllldrennnn . . .
ETA -- So how come the same people who would be outraged at the suggestion all doctors should be vilified because some of them are dangerously incompetent have no problem demonizing all gun owners because less than one half of one percent of a typical urban population consists of violent criminals?