Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ordering A Custom Wilson Combat 1911

Too bad I couldn't make that stupid quiz come out as one of these:

I scored this beauty at The Bullet Hole (thanks, Steve and Wes!*) a while back, but it will be a little large for warm-weather carry.

So what to do, what to do???

Why, order one built just like I want it, of course! I'm thinking something in a Commander size with an Ed Brown bobtail, heavy match cone barrel, all black ArmorTuff . . .

(For a good laugh, imagine a short, fiftymumble female poring over the Wilson Combat catalog and website like most women would shop for Manolo Blahnik's or Jimmy Choo's.)

Stay tuned for future gratuitous gun pr0n and a range report.

* And Bill, and Shawn, and Ron, and Linda. I stand corrected.

3 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

You go girl!! I'm sure you'll have fun properly accessorizing this latest addition to your "wardrobe." :)

Unknown said...

Jealously reigns supreme at The Shack.

Wilson-y goodness compounded my even more Wilson-y goodness?

Sensory overload!

And it's gonna be a bobtail, too...

I was thiiiiiis close to having Larry Correia order me a Dan Wesson commander-sized bobtail when he did his big CZ group buy a few months ago. But, I had just picked up another carry XD and opted to hold off.

That's some nice 1911 action, there Hecate.

Anonymous said...

I dreamed of owning a Wilson Combat pistol, once upon a time..... but alas, with 5 sprogs needing sports equipment, .22 ammo, bicycles, dentist's attention, clothing, food,........ I settled on a lesser gun. It's still the best I can afford,though.