Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More Embarrassing Music

In lieu of, like, actual content which requires a functional brain, I will join the "Five Most Embarrassing Albums" meme along with Marko, Tam, Sebastian, Uncle, Squeaky, and Joe:
  1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Album They had some good music on that show.
  2. C.W. McCall's Greatest Hits I used to live in the southwest-Iowa area he wrote into many of his songs. The Shelby County Tribune, the Nishnabotna River, the railroad tracks of Persia, all real.
  3. Popstars: Eden's Crush Remember Popstars, the show we have to thank for the whole "American Idol" genre?
  4. ABBA: The Album Hey, I like harmony sometimes, okay?
  5. Lard: The Last Temptation Of Reid Got it for that all-time classic, "They're Coming To Take Me Away."
I don't consider them embarrassing, but I do also have the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society's timeless holiday albums, "A Very Scary Solstice" and "An Even Scarier Solstice." Who can resist carols like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog Sothoth," "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Fish-Men," and "Harley Got Devoured by the Undead," especially when they sound exactly like their conventional counterparts . . . except for the lyrics. Slip those into the mix at your next Christmas party and watch the fun.

I have to apologize in advance to anyone crazy enough to do a road trip with me. They have to bring their own tunes or they're stuck listening to my usual run of Black Sabbath, Van Halen, and Rob Zombie.

2 comments:

Warthog said...

You should see the playlist on my Windows Media Player.

hobbitt said...

I assume you have "shoggoth on the roof?"