Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Has It Been Ten Years Already?

Last census, I hit the FedGov Annoyance Jackpot with not only the Long Form but a Household Survey, gov-speak for a whole series of face-to-face visits. A woman kept showing up at my door asking the same questions over and over again.

"Has the number of people living here changed in the past month?"

"No."

"Do you still own your house?"

"Yes."

Et cetera, et cetera, rinse, repeat. This time I got the 10-question version, which is about nine too many. Since I don't need any more fertilizer in my life and seem to be a fertilizer-magnet in general, I answered them all and mailed the damned thing back.

But if some idiot shows up at my door with a clipboard this time around, we're going to have words.*

* Gee, do I get put on a List somewhere for saying that?

1 comment:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

funny, i had to throw my census form in the trash. Turns out that if you move before April Fools Day, you are supposed to fill out the form at your new address. Woo-Hoo, North Carolina adds two, Pennsylvania loses two.

For the record. all they get on whatever form i fill out is "2" if the press, i will allow that the 2 are adults. now get offa my lawn.